By joining approximately 530 companies with Chamber membership, you are exposing your company to the myriad opportunities offered to market your business, educate your employees, network with community leaders and your colleagues, recruit employees, revitalize downtown, and receive extensive visitor information on the area. Examine the available options and help your company reach its business goals. The Chamber provides a vehicle to forward your pro-business ambitions; enhance credibility, influence, and clout; and participate in programs and events with business leaders and elected officials.
The Chamber offers a multitude of free or low-cost marketing options, including free members-only networking opportunities; news release or article submissions to our monthly print and e-newsletter; advertisement space in the newsletter, Web site, or publications; media exposure on Talk of Town radio as a guest of chamber; and Chamber calendar of event postings.
The Chamber staff is here to help your company reap the full rewards of membership and are prepared to review the latest opportunities with your company and discuss the most effective plan of action. Your organization can be as active as you wish, but the more involved you become, the easier it will be to achieve your short-and-long-term business goals. Through communication with Chamber staff and our newly redesigned Web site, you can always be attuned to the latest sponsoring, hosting, networking or speaking opportunities to spread your influence throughout the Owatonna Area.
The Chamber’s Public Policy committee and staff are dedicated to bolstering economic growth through local, state and federal involvement. By supporting initiatives that help reduce the cost of doing business through tax reform, the Chamber champions a competitive business climate to compete in the regional and national market. Visit the Public Policy section of the Web site for monthly updates detailing the Chamber’s position on a number of current issues affecting our city, county and state about how you can get involved in the Chamber’s legislative efforts. Click here to view the most recent legislative updates.
With approximately 530 member companies representing 13,000 employees, the Chamber is the business organization for the area. Small businesses with 10 employees or fewer represent 80 percent of our membership, and the remaining 20 percent are most of Owatonna’s leading corporations.
Through initiatives like Owatonna Community Leadership Academy, MainStreet Downtown Clean up, YPro community involvement days, and Hometown Lighted Parade, the Chamber offers dynamic opportunities for members to get involved and show their commitment to the community.
Sponsorship at the Chamber is also available. There are many levels and types of sponsorship available at the Chamber–including signature events, networking and educational programs. The Chamber staff will work with your company to find the type of sponsorship that best suits your needs and budget.
Visit (link to TT subscribe), click on “subscribe” and you’re on your way.
The Owatonna Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism and the Minnesota and U.S. Chamber of Commerce are separate and distinct organizations. We are an independent, private, membership-driven association. The Board of Directors of our Chamber has ultimate oversight responsibility for the business operations, strategic objectives and all major policy decisions of the OACCT. With their direction, we focus on issues that affect the Owatonna Area.
We are a dues paying member of the Minnesota and U.S. Chamber of Commerce. We are a member of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce Federation, which means we advocate on the top 5 Statewide policy issues. Click here to see those issues.
Our Chamber has approximately 530 members that invest their resources, employee volunteerism and confidence in the Owatonna Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism and the business community.